\ One Item, Three Ways: Gingham Frill Trousers | Wearing Petite

One Item, Three Ways: Gingham Frill Trousers


Summer is over and the months are getting colder. You've probably already started hunting down *that* jumper from last winter that you stuffed away in that back of your wardrobe, and the puffer jacket that you completely forgot you even owned (remember that?).

Adjusting your styling habits back to autumn/winter mode is tricky - and the unpredictable weather this time of year makes it even trickier. The key is to master the transitional pieces in your wardrobe and make good use of them; be an outfit repeater without actually being an outfit repeater.

Take these Gingham Frill Trousers (also available in skinny here); they are a perfect transitional summer to autumn, day to night piece. I have been searching endlessly for a pair of trousers like these in a cropped fit but no petite section on the high street seems to stock them - please message me if I'm wrong! Although these don't come up as cropped on my little legs, the looser fit makes the length work well and is actually very flattering. Tick, tick, tick! I literally haven't taken these trousers off since they arrived, so I thought I'd share my styling tips for some versatile, day to night looks with them.

Look 1: The Blue Crop Cardigan




Button up, it's back... The humble cardigan has been overlooked for a while now; well, it's time to finally take your Mom's advice and "take a cardi...it might get cold later". They're having a serious moment in fashion right now from Gucci to Prada, Acne to Christopher Kane. Cardigans. Are. Back.

Obviously, you still want to avoid the mumsy/librarian look. This Blue Crop Cardigan is a great piece to tap into the trend whilst avoiding the sensible, dreary connotations that can come with it.




Pair with a simple, modern shoe and viola!

P.S. If you don't believe me about this, just look back to 4 years ago when I told you that Birkenstocks were back. Proof, I am always right.

Look 2: The Lilac Flare Sleeve Jumper





Firstly, let me explain some simple maths:

Flare + flare = fashion winner

Simple!

Plus, the return of autumn makes it so easy to revert back to avoiding colour altogether but the soft lilac shade of this Flare Sleeve Jumper is a great way to keep that ice-cream-sorbet-on-a-summers-afternoon vibe in your life.




Oh, I forgot to mention the best bit. This jumper is only £15. Go.

Look 3: The Tie Wrap Top




 Finally, to take these trousers through to the night is this £12 Black Tie Wrap Top. The loose fit of the trousers calls for a slinky yet sophisticated suitor complete the Friday-night-cocktails ensemble. I love how this crop top looks and how it feels - it's so flattering and can be paired with almost anything without stealing the trousers' spotlight. I have a feeling that this might be my go-to outfit on an impromptu night out. Student life, eh?



 Styling tips: try playing with proportions with some oversized tassel earrings or keep the simplicity of the look with a class red lip.

USE CODE YAY35 FOR 35% DISCOUNT ON ALL ITEMS AND FOLLOW @ROSIEPETITE ON INSTAGRAM FOR DAILY STYLE UPDATES

Share this:

0 comments