\ Ibiza Essentials | Wearing Petite

Ibiza Essentials


As you may or may not know, this summer I'll be living and working on the beautiful island of Ibiza - expect a lot of candid beach shots on my Instagram 🌞. I leave any day now but as you can imagine, I have been daydreaming about drinking on the beach for what feels like forEVER! So here are my 10 essential summer items, with an outfit or accessory for every Ibizan occasion.


1. The Off-The-Shoulder Bikini




So, let's start with the basics. I love this Off-The-Shoulder Bikini from Pretty Little Thing! Bardot tees have been everywhere for the last year and summer 2017 is no different, plus these high waisted bikini bottoms will really elongate your legs (petite gals rejoice).

2. The One Piece


Sometimes you do have to ask yourself "Are the tan lines worth it?", but this Monki Cut-Out Swimsuit (also available on ASOS) is a big yes! One piece swim suits are going to be everywhere this summer, so be the first on the bandwagon. Tip: stay away from *that* red swimsuit - everyone is going to be wearing it.

3. The Cover Up


Beach cover ups should drape effortlessly and flow in the wind like you're in a cheesy 90s pop video, and this ASOS Off-The-Shoulder number does just that. Just grab your Birkenstocks and towel and you're good to go.

4. The Beach Towel


Is a beach towel an accessory? H&M says yes! Your towel needs to go with everything, so natural tones are the best bet. This cotton weave Fringed Towel oozes cool-girl vibes - and, look, hands free!

5. The Makeup Setting Spray


Makeup setting spray has changed my life, why has it not been around the whole time?! Rumour has it, the Urban Decay All Nighter spray makes your makeup waterproof 🔮... Ibiza pool parties mean that this is a must-have item, and (similarly to most female 90s babies) these eyebrows certainly aren't natural! I'll give you my verdict after I've tested it out - if all else fails I'll simply have to hide behind some Victoria Beckham style sunglasses.

6. Body Jewellery



A simple way to update last year's bikini is body jewellery. Last year subtlety was key but 2017 is all about intricate, out-there pieces. Head to River Island and go wild because they've got a body chain for every. Single. Occasion. My personal favourites were this this Ladder Body Chain and Choker Body Chain.

7. The Slider



Nothing can beat the comfort and laid-back presentation of the poolside slider. I'm sure you already own a pair, I have five, but something about them means I am going to buy them again and again and again. Starting with these Metallic Mules from H&M. Is this what addiction feels like?

8. Anything with a Lemon on it🍋



I call it 'The Beyoncé Effect'. The zingy citrus print trend is a thing, I swear! If you really want, branch out into watermelon, lime, even grapefruit. To nail two trends with one outfit and get double fashion points, this Frill Lemon Print Co-ord is the one #IAintSorry 🍋🍋🍋

9. Layered Jewellery


This summer, when it comes to jewellery, the trick is to throw it all on and pile it up. It's all in the mix. I'll be cheating my way into the layered look with this Silver Necklace from Missguided.

10. The Novelty Bag


Anyone who knows me will be aware that I LOVE a novelty bag! The trend is loud and clear: Basic bags are out, novelty bags are in...simple. And if you're looking for a novelty bag, Skinnydip London is the only place you need to search. This Secret Smashed Crossbody Bag is my favourite item of the season - it's currently sold out online but is still available in-store and is selling out fast.

Don't forget to follow @RosiePetite on Instagram to keep up with my Ibizan adventures 🌞🌞

Share this:

0 comments