\ Crop It Like It's Hot | Wearing Petite

Crop It Like It's Hot


Firstly; happy first day of spring! Finally, we made it!! I promise it is nearly time for little dresses, big sunglasses and drinking Pimm's but for now we're still on trousers - so here's how to update them for this season. This spring, the right length is the wrong length. Cropped trousers are in. So here's how to pull them off...
'Baked nude' is the new black (although admittedly it doesn't have the same ring to it), oozing femininity and glamour without being difficult to pull off.
I opted for an off white turtleneck from Primark, because as you might have noticed I literally cannot resist Primark. I paired it with a Faux Fur Gilet from Topshop, which is no longer available but here are some that are very similar from ASOSMiss Selfridge and Boohoo - all of which are in the sale! Gilets are a dream for this time of year as we're all starting to leave our coats at home, even if we do regret it when we're freezing cold later that evening.


My trousers are American Apparel Crepe Pants in willow. You may notice on the website that they are not actually supposed to be cropped, but on a 5'1" body nothing really is so you have to be a professional hemmer for turning up your own trousers. Confession: I'm awful at it, but my housemate gave it a good go on these!
Honestly, I have been starting to dislike rose gold recently but it goes so well with this colour palette that I'm beginning to fall in love with it all over again. I wanted to keep my accessories simple because I think that less is certainly more when it comes to glamour. I love this dainty bracelet from Ted Baker, one of my favourite designers, matched with this Marc Jacobs watch and Whistles clutch.


You can wear these trousers day to day with any shoe, but they definitely look their best with heels. River Island are amazing for shoes because they are just so comfortable. These Black Patent Court Heels are a classic way to finish your look. They are timelessly elegant and make you feel instantly feminine.

There are so many ways to style your cropped trousers; so update your wardrobe, girls, and crop it like it's hot.

Please leave a comment - I reply to everyone!

Share this:

16 comments